Friday, January 7, 2011

New favorite author

Since my last (and only) post, I have been busy building a house, ramping up my work, and managing a new household by myself.  I thoroughly enjoy it!

But on to what I'd like to share today.

A new favorite author is Neil Gaiman.  He wrote Coraline, which I know my children have seen, and he wrote my latest read, The Graveyard Book which I pinched from my son's library pile he brought home.  It opens with what I believe is the world's best opening line:

In the darkness was a hand
and in the hand was a knife.

So share with me, readers, how would you carry the story forward from there?  I'll post my story--won't you?

1 comment:

  1. I love Neil Gaiman. If you've never experienced his audiobooks, you must. I could sit and listen to him read for hours and hours. Stardust is another magical tale - or as he puts it, "a fairy tale for grown ups." I have a few of his books, but cannot stress how wonderful his audiobooks are. By the way, I just bought "Blueberry Girl" by him. I'm looking forward to reading it to Sydney.

    ReplyDelete